Hi family! This is Ose here…
This week Pastor Niral assigned me the task to teach on Faith toward God! I’m excited about delving into the scriptures with you. This is an important part of our foundation, and we have to be able to articulate it to ourselves, and the world.
Remember, we are going back to the foundation to lay some truths down again.
The scripture focus is Hebrews 6:1, 2:
Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, and of instruction about washings, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment (Hebrews 6:1-2).
Here’s a question that I’d like you to ponder on, and you’ll be answering this tomorrow at church:
Suppose I were to die today, and I stood at the door of Heaven. If God asked me, “Why should I let you into Heaven?” — what would I say?
Your answer will tell you everything you need to know about YOUR faith.
Scriptures to underline in your Bible:
2 These. 1: 8, 9
2 Corinthians 5:17
After-Church Study Questions:
1. Take the time to write down a personal Statement testifying according to Scripture of your own salvation by no other name but the name of Jesus (see Acts 4:12).
2. If someone were to ask you to explain your faith in God and every man’s need for the sin-cleansing power of the blood of Jesus Christ, what would be your scriptural answer?
3. Do you find your confidence in what you do for Christ or in what Christ has done for you? If all you have accomplished in life was stripped away, would you face an identity crisis and not know how to define yourself? Or would you rest in the abiding knowledge of who you are in Him? Be honest as you answer why or why not.
4. Can you identify any area in your life where sinful attitudes and fleshy traits may have been allowed to remain unchecked? Now is the time for you to eliminate them.
5. Also, evaluate your life to find actions or activities that you may feel good about but that God never asked you to get involved in. Do you recognize anything that fits in the category of “dead works”? If so, take time to repent and get these areas of your life realigned with what you know God has asked you to do.
*Questions taken from the book, “Build Your Foundation” by Rick Renner.